· Robert Huffman was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Infineon 200 at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Huffman finished 12th, his best finish in six career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts. He took top rookie honors for the first time in 2004.
· David Reutimann has a 14-point edge (56-42) in the chase for Raybestos® Rookie of the Year over Brandon Whitt entering the MBNA America 200 at Dover International Speedway.
· Reutimann is tenth in the series point standings, 11 behind ninth place Jon Wood and 26 behind eight place Terry Cook. He is just two points ahead of 11th place Jack Sprague and eight in front of 12th place David Starr.
· THREE RACES, THREE DIFFERENT FACES: A different Raybestos® Rookie has been the top rookie in each of the last three races entering Friday's race at Dover: David Reutimann (eighth at Martinsville), Tracy Hines (fifth at Mansfield), and Huffman.
· Only two Raybestos® Rookies have scored a top-five finish this season: Reutimann and Tracy Hines. Reutimann finished third at Atlanta while Hines placed fifth at Mansfield.
· Entering the Dover race, Reutimann is the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap in 2004. He has led three times in two races for a total of 15 laps (30.22 miles).
· Reutimann won his first career Bud Pole position at the Easy Care 200 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The pole came in just his second career start and marks the second consecutive season a Raybestos® Rookie has won a pole. Reutimann becomes the second driver for Darrell Waltrip Motorsports to win a pole, joining Rich Bickle who took the top starting spot at Martinsville Speedway in 1997.
· Joining Reutimann on the front row at Atlanta was fellow Raybestos® Rookie Robert Huffman. The Atlanta race was the first time in the history of the Craftsman Truck Series that two Raybestos® Rookies have started from the front row.
· This is the second consecutive season a female driver has competed for Raybestos® Rookie of the Year in the Craftsman Truck Series. A full schedule is planned for Kelly Sutton who will drive the Team Copaxone Chevrolet. Tina Gordon competed for top rookie honors one year ago.
RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES AT DOVER
· 2000 Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Kurt Busch won the pole and the race in the 2000 MBNA America 200. The race was the first ever for the series at the one-mile Delaware speedway. Busch also led the race twice for eight laps. He is the only Raybestos® Rookie to win a pole or a race in the four races at Dover.
· The most Raybestos® Rookies to finish in the top-10 at Dover is three in the 2001 race: Ricky Hendrick (third), Matt Crafton (ninth), and Travis Kvapil (10th).
· The most Raybestos® Rookies to lead at Dover is two. Both Ricky Hendrick and Matt Crafton led the 2001 race.
· At least one Raybestos® Rookie has finished in the top-10 in three of the four races at Dover:
2000: Kurt Busch, first
2001: Ricky Hendrick, third
2001: Matt Crafton, ninth
2001: Travis Kvapil, 10th
2002: Brendan Gaughan, seventh
RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE HISTORY
· DID YOU KNOW? A Raybestos® Rookie has won at least one race in each of the past four seasons, dating back to Kurt Busch in 2000. In fact, four Raybestos® Rookies have posted multiple win seasons: Kenny Irwin (two, 1997), Busch (four, 2000), Brendan Gaughan (two, 2002), and Carl Edwards (three, 2003).
· The greatest margin of victory in the final Raybestos® Rookie standings is 138 points set by Carl Edwards in 2003.
· The record for most Bud Poles set by a rookie is four, shared by Greg Biffle (1998) and Kurt Busch (2000).
· The record for most top-five finishes is 13, which is shared by Busch and Edwards. Ricky Hendrick (2001) holds the mark for most top-10 finishes: 19.
RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE CONTENDER STANDINGS
David Reutimann 56
Brandon Whitt 42
Tracy Hines 40
Shane Sieg 39
Chase Montgomery 30
Mark McFarland 29
Shelby Howard 24
Robert Huffman 19
Steadman Marlin 17
Ken Weaver 16
Joe Armendia 10
Charlie Bradberry 10
Brad Keselowski 9
Joey Clanton 7
Kelly Sutton 7
Kevin Love 4
Chris Wimmer 2
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE
Florida Dodge Dealers 250 David Reutimann, ninth
Easy Care Vehicle Service Contracts 200 David Reutimann, third
Kroger 250 David Reutimann, eighth
UAW/GM Ohio 250 Tracy Hines, fifth
Infineon 200 Robert Huffman, 12th
®Raybestos is a registered trademark licensed to Brake Parts Inc. by Raybestos Products Company